The article is devoted to the analysis of the problem of financial literacy of young people based on the results of a sociological survey, in which 158 students of Omsk universities of various areas of training took part. The relevance of teaching financial literacy in a modern university according to a 5-point system was rated by about 80% of respondents at least 4 points. Thus, the results of the study allow us to conclude that it is necessary to introduce special courses on financial literacy in the system of training highly qualified personnel or to include relevant sections in the study of disciplines of economic-mathematical and information-technological cycles.
universities, students, financial literacy, sociological survey
1. Abaev A.L., Zbirovskaya E.P., Pratusevich V.R. Analysis of the experience of the Russian State University for the Humanities in improving the financial literacy of schoolchildren, students and their parents. Vestnik RGGU. Seriya: Ehkonomika. Upravlenie. Pravo [Bulletin of the Russian State University for the Humanities. Series: Economy. Control. Right], 2017, I. 3 (9), pp. 115-118. (in Russian)
2. Brovchak S.V., Selivanova M.A., Sochneva E.N., Firsanova O.V., Tsyganov A.A., Shubayeva V.G. Issues of increase in financial literacy of students of higher educational institutions of financial and economic orientation. Perspektivy nauki i obrazovania [Perspectives of Science and Education]. 2019, I. 41 (5), pp. 130-146. (in Russian) DOI: 10.32744/pse.2019.5.10
3. Vospitannik I.V., Koroleva N.I. Formation of economic consciousness and financial literacy of students as conditions for their psychological maturity in the current situation. Uchenyye zapiski universiteta im. P. F. Lesgafta [Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P. F. Lesgaft]. 2019, I. 7 (173), pp. 35-42. (in Russian)
4. Gulyaeva M. A. An integrated approach to the formation of financial literacy of students of professional educational organizations. Professional'noye obrazovaniye v Rossii i za rubezhom [Vocational education in Russia and abroad]. 2021, I. 4 (44), pp. 11-20. (in Russian) DOI: 10.54509/22203036_2021_4_11
5. Podbolotova M.I. Innovative technologies for improving the financial literacy of children and youth. Vestnik MGPU. Seriya: Informatika i informatizaciya obrazovaniya [Bulletin of the Moscow State Pedagogical University. Series: Informatics and informatization of education]. 2015, I. 4 (34), pp. 83-91. (in Russian)
6. Reznik S.D., Chernikovskaya M.V. Financial literacy of university students as a key factor in increasing their economic independence. Drukerovskij vestnik [Drucker's Bulletin]. 2021, I. 1 (39), pp. 173-185. DOI: 10.17213/2312-6469-2021-1-173-185
7. Senchenkov N.P., Cygankova A.N. Assessment of the level of financial literacy of first-year students of vocational education (on the example of the Smolensk technical school of industry technologies). Professionalnoe obrazovanie v Rossii i za rubezhom [Vocational education in Russia and abroad]. 2021, I. 3 (43), pp. 157-162. (in Russian)
8. Stepnova O.V., Starchikova I.Yu. Financial literacy of students of technical universities: analysis of opinions and development prospects. Perspektivy nauki i obrazovania [Perspectives of Science and Education]. 2021, I. 49 (1), pp. 80-91. (in Russian) DOI: 10.32744/pse.2021.1.6
9. Shadarov B.G., Gabeyeva L.N. Development of financial literacy among future teachers of technology. Vestnik Buryatskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Ekonomika i menedzhment [Bulletin of the Buryat State University. Economics and Management]. 2022, I. 1, pp. 98-104. (in Russian) DOI: 10.18101/2304-4446-2022-1-98-104.