On based on the analysis of the possibility of hardening of steel 40x13 comprehensive treatment to a depth of 4.2 mm. the results of tests on the resistance to fracture and wear. Presents results of a study of hardness and micro geometry of the surface layer of samples. Comprehensive treatment, consisting of thermal and mechanical treatments, high-vacuum annealing and diffusion silicon may become a promising direction to increase the service life of steel parts
the combined processing, heat treatment, machining, high-vacuum annealing, diffusion siliconizing, hydrogen wear, surface quality
1. Passivity and corrosion of metals [Passivnost’ I korrozia metallov]. State Institute of applied chemistry. Under edition A.M. Sukhotina. Leningrad: Chemistry. 1971. – 208 p.
2. Suslov A.G., Shalygin M.G. Knowledge-based technol-ogy of increasing wear resistance of friction surfaces of ma-chine components operating in hydrogen environments, Nau-koemkie tekhnologii v mashinostroenii – Science intensive technologies in mechanical engineering, 2017. no. 2. pp. 19-24.
3. Shalygin M.G. Structure formation in the surface layer of machine parts by methods of high-vacuum annealing and ion implantation, Naukoemkie tekhnologii v mashinostroenii – Science intensive technologies in mechanical engineering. 2016. no. 7. pp. 10-13.
4. Orlov P.I. Basic construction [Osnovy konstruirova-niya]. Under edition P.N. Uchaeva. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
5. Shestopalov V.E., Kvachev V.P., Dalisov V.B. and oth-ers. Increase of durability of details of molds by saturation with silicon of the polymer-containing substances. In book Generation and application of protective coatings. Leningrad: Science. 1987. pp. 194-197.
6. Shalygin M.G. Knowledge-intensive technology reduc-tion of hydrogen wear of working surfaces of friction, Nau-koemkie tekhnologii v mashinostroenii – Science intensive technologies in mechanical engineering. 2016. no. 10. pp. 3-6.
7. 560 p.