The article is devoted to the analysis of young people’s ideas about the quality of higher education in Omsk based on the results of a survey in which 205 high school students and students took part. 69% of schoolchildren believe that Omsk universities are not capable of providing a high quality education, and about 90% of them rated the degree of determination to leave the city (more than 7 points on a 10-point scale). At the same time, only 42% of students, who have a more complete picture of the quality of university education, negatively assessed the level of education in the universities of Omsk. Thus, one of the important factors affecting the intensity of educational migration flows is the lack of awareness of school graduates about the possibilities of obtaining a quality education in Omsk, therefore, one of the tasks of Omsk universities is a more active positioning in the market of educational services.
quality of education, educational migration, questioning, students, higher education
1. Gabdrakhmanov N.K. Concentration of Students in Higher Education on the Map of the Russian Federation. Vestnik RUDN [RUDN Journal of Economics], 2019, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 7–17 (in Russian) DOI:10.22363/2313–2329–2019–27–1–7–17.
2. Gabdrakhmanov N.K., Karachurina L.B., Mkrtchyan N.V., Lesnikov O.V. Educational Migration of Young People and Optimization of the Network of Universities in Cities of Different Sizes. Voprosy obrazovaniya [Educational Studies Moscow], 2022, no 2, pp. 88–116 (in Russian) DOI: 10.17323/1814–9545–2022–2–88–116.
3. Luchko O.N., Patlasov O.Yu., Mukhametdinova S.Kh. Design of the system of export of educational services in the border region of Russia based on the analysis of educational migration. Perspektivy nauki i obrazovania [Perspectives of Science and Education], 2019, no. 38 (2), pp. 478–491 (in Russian) DOI: 10.32744/pse.2019.2.36.
4. Morozova I.S., Bugrova N.A., Varakina T.E., Evseenkova E.V. Features of Ideas about the Educational Choice of Students at Various Stages of Study at the University. Obshchestvo: sociologiya, psihologiya, pedagogika [Society: Sociology, Psychology, Pedagogics], 2022, no. 7, pp. 45–54. (in Russian) DOI:10.24158/spp.2022.7.6.
5. Mukhametdinova S.Kh. Cognitive modeling of the influence of socio-economic factors on the choice of a university by applicants (on the example of the Omsk region). Sb. Statej v mezhdunarodnoj nauchno-prakticheskoj konferencii «Sostoyanie i perspektivy razvitiya sovremennoj nauki i obrazovaniya (KOF–355)» [State and prospects for the development of modern science and education (KOF–355)], Petrozavodsk, 2021, pp.184–189. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=46585459 (in Russian).
6. Netrebko E.N. Sociological analysis of the Idea of the Goals and quality of Education of Students of a non-state University. Nauchnyj vestnik yuzhnogo institute menedzhmenta [Scientific Bulletin of the Southern Institute of Management], 2020, no. 1, pp. 108–112 (in Russian) DOI: 10.31775/2305–3100–2020–1–108–112.
7. Polovinko V.S., Arbuz A.V. The analysis of migration attitudes of the youth of the City of Omsk. Ehkonomicheskie nauki [Economic Sciences], 2016, no. 144, pp. 42–46 (in Russian).
8. Florinskaya Y.F. School Graduates from Small Towns of Russia: Educational and Migration Strategies. Problemy prognozirovaniya [Studies on Russian Economic Development], 2017, no. 1 (160), pp. 114–124 (in Russian).
9. Ho E.S., Tse T.K.C., Sum K.W. A Different ‘Feel’, a Different Will: Institutional Habitus and the Choice of Higher Educational Institutions in Hong Kong. International Journal of Educational Research. 2020, Vol. 100. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijer.2019.101521.