Using a new method of correlation function for amplitude and phase fluctuations (APCF), records of geomagnetic field component fluctuations (observatories Mondy and Borok) have been processed for a number of hour zones of the nightside magnetosphere. This method is meant to detect groups of equidistant frequencies inside the spectrum of source signal and also to measure a difference between two neighbor frequencies in each of these groups.
signal processing technique, correlation function, eigenfrequencies
1. Lee D.-H., Lysak R.L. Numerical studies on ULF wave structures in the dipole model, in: Solar Wind Sources of Magnetospheric Ultra-Low-Frequency Waves. Geophys. Monograph Ser. 1994, vol. 81, pp. 293–297.
2. Leonovich A.S., Mazur V.A. Dynamics of small-scale Alfvén waves in magnetospheric resonator. Fizika plazmy [Plasma Phys.]. 1987, vol. 13, iss. 7, pp. 800–810. (In Russian).
3. Leonovich A.S., Mazur V.A. On the spectrum of magnetosonic eigenoscillations of an axisymmetric magnetosphere. J. Geophys. Res. 2001, vol. 106, no. A3, 3919.
4. Polyakov A.R. New method of processing records of seismic oscillations based on analysis of correlation functions of random amplitude and phase fluctuations. Parts 1–2. Solnechno-zemnaya fizika [Solar-Terr. Phys.]. 2010, iss. 15, pp. 44–57. (In Russian).
5. Polyakov A.R. Standing MHD wave structure in the magnetosphere analyzed using the method of correlation functions of amplitude and phase fluctuations. Geomagnetism and Aeronomy. 2014, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 735–745. DOI: 10.1134/S0016793214060140.
6. Polyakov A.R. Relationship of peaks of correlation functions of amplitude and phase fluctuations with eigenfrequencies in oscillation spectrum. Solnechno-zemnaya fizika [Solar-Terr. Phys.]. 2015, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 62–71. (In Russian). DOI: 10.12737/10455.
7. Polyakov A.R. Detecting groups of equidistant frequencies in spectra of geomagnetic pulsations. Solar-Terr. Phys. 2018, vol. 4, iss. 4, pp. 33–41. DOI: 10.12737/stp-44201805.
8. Ruohoniemi J.M., Greenwald R.A., Baker K.B. HF radar observations of Pc5 field line resonances in the midnight/early morning MLT sector. J. Geophys. Res. 1991, vol. 96, iss. A9, pp. 15697–15710. DOI: 10.1029/91JA00795..
9. Samson J.C., Harrold B.G. Field line resonances associated with waveguides in the magnetosphere. Geophys. Res. Lett. 1992, vol. 19, iss. 5, pp. 441–444. DOI: 10.1029/92gl00116.
10. Takahashi K., Bonnell J., Glassmeier K.-H., Angelopoulos V., Singer H.J., Chi P.J., Denton R.E., Nishimura Y., Lee D.-H., Nosé M., Liu W. Multipoint observation of fast mode waves trapped in the dayside plasmasphere. J. Geophys. Res. 2010, vol. 115, iss. A15, A12247. DOI: 10.1029/2010JA015956.
11. Zhu X., Kivelson M.G. Global mode ULF pulsations in a magnetosphere with a nonmonotonic Alfvén velocity profile. J. Geophys. Res. 1989, vol. 94, iss. A2, pp. 1479–1485.DOI: 10.1029/ja094ia02p01479.
12. URL: http://ckp-rf.ru/ckp/3056 (accessed March 30, 2022).