The article discusses the problem of organizing extracurricular activities of younger schoolchildren by a teacher, focused on the formation of their experience of using the skills of functional literacy in various imaginary situations. The author reveals the special importance of director’s play in improving the quality of functional literacy, gives examples of playful imaginary situations that are used in class with fourth grade students as part of an integrated extracurricular activity course, designed to develop their mathematical literacy and achieve higher meta-subject learning outcomes.
younger schoolchild; organization of extracurricular activities; the formation of functional literacy; metasubject learning outcomes; director’s game; imaginary situation
1. O nacional'nyh celjah i strategicheskih zadachah razvitija Rossijskoj Federacii na period do 2024 goda [On national goals and strategic objectives for the development of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2024]. utv. Ukazom Prezidenta RF ot 07.05.2018 № 204 [approved. By the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of 05/07/2018 No. 204]. Available at: http://www.kremlin.ru/acts/bank/43027/page/1 (accessed 14 January 2021).
2. Preobrazhenskaja N. Ovoshhnye istorii: iz chego delajut sup, salat i drugie vkusnosti [Vegetable stories: what soup, salad and other goodies are made of]. Moscow: Al'pina Pablisher Publ., 2017. 31 p.
3. Universal'nye uchebnye dejstvija kak rezul'tat obuchenija v nachal'noj shkole: kniga dlja uchitelja [Universal Learning Activities as a Result of Primary School Learning: A Teacher's Book]. Moscow: Institut strategii razvitija obrazovanija RAO Publ., 2016. 218 p.
4. Federal'nyj gosudarstvennyj obrazovatel'nyj standart nachal'nogo obshhego obrazovanija. Proekt / Ministerstvo prosveshhenija RF, 2020 [Federal state educational standard of primary general education. Project / Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation, 2020]. Available at: https://www.preobra.ru/fgosnoo19 (accessed 18 January 2021).
5. Funkcional'naja gramotnost' mladshego shkol'nika: kniga dlja uchitelja [Functional literacy of a younger student: a book for a teacher]. Moscow: Ventana-Graf Publ., 2018. 280 p.