We report the results of approximation of electron density Ne array obtained with a digisonde at the high-latitude station Norilsk (69.40° N, 88.10° E) during years of declining solar activity (2003–2006). The calculations are made using the author's semi-empirical model with new coefficients calculated specifically for the station Norilsk. We obtain altitudinal changes of annual variations in daily Ne at heights of the ionospheric layer F1 (120–200 km). Approximation of experimental data describes Ne quite satisfactorily at these heights. Nevertheless, there are periods with quite pronounced deviations of model values from the experiment. The presence of significant geomagnetic disturbances during these periods is probably one of the reasons for such deviations.
electron density, annual variation, semi-empirical model (SEM)
1. Bilitza D., Altadill D., Truhlik V., Shubin V., Galkin I., Reinisch B., Huang X. International Reference Ionosphere 2016: From ionospheric climate to real-time weather predictions. Space Weather. 2017, vol. 15, pp. 418–429. DOI: 10.1002/2016SW001593.
2. Buresova D., Lastovicka J. Changes in the F1 region electron density during geomagnetic storms at low solar activity. J. Atmos. Solar-Terr. Phys. 2001, vol. 63, pp. 537–544. DOI: 10.1016/S1364-6826(00)00167-X.
3. Kushnarenko G.P., Yakovleva O.E., Kuznetsova G.M. Electron density in the F1-layer over Norilsk in 2007–2014. Solar-Terr. Phys. 2019, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 109–112. DOI: 10.12737/stp-52201915.
4. Panasyuk M.I., Kuznetsov S.N., Lazutin L.L., Alexeev I.I., Antonova A.E., Belenkaya E.S., Bobrovnikov S.Yu., Veselovsky I.S., et al. Magnetic storms in October 2003. Cosmic Res. 2004, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 489–534. DOI: 10.1023/B:COSM.0000046230.62353.61.
5. Picone J.M., Hedin A.E., Drob D.P., Aikin A.C. (GTD7-2000) NRLMSISE-00 Empirical model of the atmosphere: statistical comparisons and scientific issues. J. Geophys. Res. 2002, vol. 107, no. A12, p. 1469. DOI: 10.1029/2002JA009430.
6. Shchepkin L.A., Kuznetsova G.M., Kushnarenko G.P., Ratovsky K.G. Approximation of electron density measurements data in middle ionosphere during the low solar activity. Solnechno-zemnaya fizika [Solar-Terr. Phys.]. 2008, vol. 11, pp. 66–69. (In Russian).
7. Tobiska W.K., Eparvier F.G. EUV97: Improvements to EUV irradiance modeling in the soft X-rays and EUV. Solar Phys. 1998, vol. 147, no. 1, pp. 147–159. DOI: 10.1023/A:1004931416167.
8. Yakovleva O.E., Kushnarenko G.P., Kuznetsova G.M. The atmosphere below 200 km over Norilsk at solar minimum and maximum. Solar-Terr. Phys. 2020, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 86–89. DOI: 10.12737/stp-63202012.
9. URL: http//ckp-rf.ru/ckp/3056 (accessed March 31, 2021).
10. URL: http//wdc.kugi.kyoto-u.ac.jp (accessed March 31, 2021).