The article presents a modern understanding of the nature and purpose of monitoring in the educational system, lists its functions, stages and forms, allowing to evaluate the success and relevance of monitoring development. The author states that the origins of the formation of monitoring lie in the theory of education management. The paper presents the main milestones of the education management development both at the domestic and foreign levels. In particular, it considers the structure of education management in France, which is distinguished by strict regulation, and Denmark, which is in some way an antagonist of France in the education management area. A review of the goals and objectives of monitoring in the system of education allows the author to conclude about the contribution of monitoring to the development of education, in particular, by obtaining operational and reliable data on quality of education and other studied structural parameters.
integration, information, monitoring, education, theory of education management, efficiency.
1. Abakumova N.N. Ekspertiza kak sostavlyayushchaya pedagogicheskogo monitoringa innovatsionnykh izmeneniy v obrazovanii [Expertise as a component of the pedagogical monitoring of innovative changes in education]. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya [Modern problems of science and education]. 2014, I. 3. Available at: http// www. Science — education. ru/ ru/article (accessed 17 March 2019).
2. Aksenova E.A. Razvitie pedagogicheskikh idey v zarubezhnoy shkole i pedagogike [Development of pedagogical ideas in a foreign school and pedagogy]. Moscow, 2016. 312 p.
3. Bebenina E.V. Obshchestvenno-professional’naya ekspertiza kachestva obrazovatel’nogo protsessa kak osnova dlya prinyatiya upravlencheskikh resheniy [Social and professional examination of the quality of the educational process as a basis for making management decisions]. Tsennosti i smysly [Values and meanings]. 2011, I. 6 (14), pp. 85–107.
4. Zharkovskaya T.G. Organizatsiya integrirovannykh urokov kak sposob realizatsii vospitatel’nogo potentsiala estestvennonauchnogo i sotsial’no-gumanitarnogo obrazovaniya [Organization of integrated lessons as a way to realize the educational potential of science and social and humanities education]. Standarty i monitoring v obrazovanii [Standards and monitoring in education]. 2017, V. 5, I. 3, pp. 25–28.
5. Korosteleva A.A. Sovremennaya frantsuzskaya sistema obrazovaniya: soderzhanie i innovatsii v oblasti grazhdanskogo obrazovaniya [Modern French education system: content and innovations in the fi eld of civic education]. Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta. Seriya 20: Pedagogicheskoe obrazovanie [Moscow University Bulletin. Series 20: Teacher Education]. 2017, I. 4, pp. 72–81.
6. Korosteleva A.A. Eticheskie predpochteniya uchashchikhsya v sovremennoy polietnicheskoy shkole [Ethical preferences of students in the modern polyethnic school]. Otechestvennoe obrazovanie. Integratsiya dukhovno-nravstvennogo obrazovaniya v razlichnye distsipliny [Domestic education. The integration of spiritual and moral education in various disciplines.]. Moscow: «Istoki », Institut soderzhaniya i metodov obucheniya RAO Publ. 2010, V. 4, 320 p.
7. Lonshakova V.V. Mul’tikul’turnoe obrazovanie v Rossii i Frantsii: sravnitel’nyy analiz [Multicultural education in Russia and France: a comparative analysis]. Gumanitarnyy vector [Humanitarian Vector]. 2010, I. 2 (22), pp. 18–20.
8. Mayorov A.N. Monitoring v obrazovanii [Monitoring in education]. Moscow: Intellekt-Tsentr Publ. 2005. 424 p.
9. Orlova V.V. Upravlenie shkol’nym obrazovaniem vo Frantsii [Management of school education in France]. Pedagogika [Pedagogy]. 2008, I. 7, pp. 105–114.