In the paper there is considered a problem of wear-resistance increase in parts operating in hydrogen environment. The dependence of friction surface wear taking into account their sub-roughness and hydrogen existence is shown. A technology for a friction couple wear-resistance increase is offered including surface layer granularity decrease, the reduction of hydrogen content in an inter-grain space and the introduction in the structure of parts surface layers the elements allowing filling up an inter-grain space. The results of comparative wear tests for different technologies for wear-resistance increase are shown. It is defined that the technology offered allows increasing wear-resistance in friction surfaces in machine parts. A method for account of hydrogen existence in an inter-grain space is offered and a reasonable method for obtaining a numerical value of a factor taking into account hydrogen presence used for theoretical computations.
thermal treatment, high-vacuum annealing, ionic implantation, hydrogen wear, combined treatment, hydrogen.
1. Garkunov, D.N., Melnikov, E.L., Gavrilyuk, V.S. Tribo-technics. – М.: Knorus, 2011. – pp. 408.
2. Suslov, А.G. Surface Layer Quality in Machine Parts. – М.: Mechanical Engineering, 2000. – pp. 320.
3. Suslov, А.G., Bogomolov D.Yu., Shalygin М.G. Fatigue wear of friction surface on sub-roughness level // Friction and Lubrication in Machinery. 2015. №4. pp. 7-10.
4. Tian H., Zhao C., Zhu D. and Qin H. Practical Expressions of Elastoplastic Contact between Rough Surfaces. Int. J. of modeling and Optimization, Vol. 2, No. 3, 2012.
5. Suslov A.G. and Shalygin M.G. The interrelation of the surface subroughness of martensitic steels with their granularity the quality of mechanical processing. AIP Conf. Proc. 1785, 040085 (2016).
6. Syslov А.G., Poroshin V.V., Shalygin М.G., Kuznetsov S.V. Interconnection of nano-roughness (sub-roughness of parts surfaces and material granularity) // Science Intensive Technologies in Mechanical Engineering. 2015. № 11(53). pp. 3‒7.
7. Protection against Hydrogen Wear in Friction Units / Authors Group; under the editorship А.А. Polyakova. – М.: Mechanical Engineering, 1980. – pp. 135.