A new concept of working quality assessment and cutting mode setting at profile creep feed grinding of some complex conjugate surfaces simultaneously on a multiaxes NC machine is presented. The analysis of dynamic and thermo-physical phenomena at machining each of the conjugate surfaces grinded simultaneously by one profile abrasive disk is carried out. The simulators for the definition of contact patch parameters of a grinding disk and a billet at a creep feed grinding of different conjugate profile surfaces of turbine and nozzle blades of GTEs allowing the prediction of material removal intensity, grinding disk wear, and roughness of every surface on the basis of changes in cutting modes, disk characteristics, dynamics of elastic, thermal and operation processes in a technological system are shown. This procedure allows controlling the process of profile creep feed grinding to achieve preset parameters of surface quality, dimension accuracy in blade profiles of gas turbine engines, productivity increase and decrease of machining prime cost.
machining techniques, creep feed grinding, multiaxis machining, machine dynamic system, dynamic behavior.
1. Makarov V.F. Current Methods in High-performance Abrasion of Heat-resistant Steel and Alloy: Textbook. S-Pb.: Publishing House “Lan”, 2013. pp. 320.
2. Poletaiev V.A., Volkov D.I. Turbine Blade Creep Feed Grinding: Technologist’s Library. М.: Mechanical Engineering, 2009. pp. 272.
3. Starkov V.K. Grinding with Highly Porous Disks. М.: Mechanical Engineering, 2007. pp. 688.
4. Novosyolov Yu.K. Dynamics in Surface Shaping at Abrasion. Saratov: Publishing House of the University of Saratov, 1972. pp. 232.
5. Nikitin S.P. Simulation of cutting at grinding taking into account elastic and thermal systems interaction // Bulletin of the USATU. 2009. Vol.12. №4 (33). pp. 61–65.
6. Kalinin E.P. Theory and Practice in Control of Grinding Productivity without Burns and Taking into Account Tool Dulling. S-Pb.: Publishing House of Polytechnic University, 2009. pp. 358.
7. Makarov V.F., Nikitin S.P. Impact of shaping conditions upon blade surface layer quality at profile creep grinding // Science Intensive Techniques in Mechanical Engineering. 2015. №8 (50). pp. 38–44.