ГРНТИ 50.07 Теоретические основы вычислительной техники
ББК 3297 Вычислительная техника
This paper presents original methods and approaches to implement virtual environment system for one of the International Space Station module. Such system may be used as a part of cosmonaut training complexes in order to orient trainees in the internal space of the module as well as to develop their skills of onboard equipment control. Proposed system structure consists of three general components: hardware part, software complex, and 3D scene with virtual model of considered space module. The last two components are own original products. Our solutions are based on using modern technologies of virtual reality (VR), including VR headset and Kinect device.
virtual reality, simulation, stereo visualization, training complex, real time
1. Boletsis C. The New Era of Virtual Reality Locomotion: ASystematic Literature Review of Techniques and a ProposedTypology. Multimodal Technologies and Interaction,1(4):24, 2017.
2. Masalkin A.I., Torgashev M.A. Experience of Using theSimulation Systems of Visual Environment in theSimulators of Manned Space Vehicles. Piloted Flights inSpace, 2:36-42, 2015.
3. Perret J., Vander Poorten E. Touching Virtual Reality: AReview of Haptic Gloves. In Proceedings of 16th InternationalConfernce on New Actuators, pages 270-274, 2018.
4. Sergeev A. V., Gook M. Yu. Mobile Space Robot Controlwith Use of Virtual Reality. Piloted Flights in Space, 4: 44-52, 2018.
5. How NASA uses virtual reality to train astronauts.https://spacecenter.org/how-nasa-uses-virtual-reality-totrain-astronauts, 2018.
6. Manus VR: World's leading VR Gloves for training.https://manus-vr.com.
7. Stand of training the crews of the international space stationusing virtual reality elements.http://www.gctc.ru/main.php?id=135.