Dorogov’s antiseptic stimulators (fractions 2 and 3) are products of meat and bone meal pyrolysis that are used to treat farm animals. However, there is a lack of detailed information about their chemical composition. We aimed to study individual compositions of organic substances in the water- and oil-soluble condensates of these preparations. Dorogov’s antiseptic stimulators ASD-2F and ASD-3F (Agrovetzashchita, Russia) were used as samples of the water- and oil-soluble condensates of meat and bone meal pyrolysis. Volatile substances were identified by gas chromatography and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, while amino acids were determined by high-performance liquid chromatography. The initial water-soluble condensate contained ammonium salts, amides of carboxylic acids, N-heterocyclic compounds, hydantoins, amino acids, and dipeptides, with a total content of 8% of the condensate’s weight. Its dehydrated concentrate had almost no ammonium salts and amides of carboxylic acids, but its contents of hydantoins, amino acids, dipeptides, and lowvolatile nitrogen-containing heterocycles were 10–15 times as high as those in the initial condensate. The condensate contained 13 dipeptides and 19 amino acids with a total content of 2.5%. According to gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, the oilsoluble condensate contained over 30% of nitriles; 7–10% of higher and aromatic hydrocarbons, phenols, and amides (with esters); and 1–3% of N-heterocyclic compounds, naphthalenes, pyridines, and dipeptides. The nitrogen-containing heterocycles, as well as dipeptides, were similar to those in the water-soluble condensate. We identified 80% of individual organic substances in the water-soluble pyrolytic condensate. Together with its concentrate, they contained more than 220 organic substances divided into 10 main groups. The oil-soluble condensate consisted of over 350 individual organic compounds. The full composition of the preparations can be further identified by three-quadrupole liquid mass spectrometry.
Pyrolysis, chemical composition, water-soluble condensate, oil-soluble condensate, meat and bone meal, highperformance liquid chromatography, gas chromatography, gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, triple quadrupole liquid mass spectrometry
1. Munoz JA, Utterback PL, Parsons CM. Phosphorus digestibility and bioavailability in soybean meal, spray-dried plasma protein, and meat and bone meal determined using different methods. Poultry Science. 2020;99(10):4998–5006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psj.2020.06.044
2. Leng L, Zhang W, Li H, Bogush AA, Stegemann JA, Huang H. The impact of the particle size of meat and bone meal (MBM) incineration ash on phosphate precipitation and phosphorus recovery. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering. 2021;9(3). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2021.105247
3. Essandoh M, Garcia RA, Nieman CM, Strahan GD. Influence of methylation on the effectiveness of meat and bone meal protein as a bioflocculant. Food and Bioproducts Processing. 2020;122:55–61. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fbp.2020.03.009
4. Chaala A, Roy C. Recycling of meat and bone meal animal feed by vacuum pyrolysis. Environmental Science and Technology. 2003;37(19):4517–4522. https://doi.org/10.1021/es026346m
5. Krivtsova NI, Gaga SG, Desiatnichenco AA, Popok EV, Zaitceva EV. Synthetic liquid fuels obtained by thermolysis of animal waste. Procedia Chemistry. 2014;10:441–447. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proche.2014.10.074
6. Engashev SV, Sidorin DN, Rogova NV, Remizova NYu, Engasheva IV. Method for preparing stabilised form of fraction 2 antiseptic dorogov's stimulator (ADS-2). Patent RU 2494750C1. 2013.
7. Abdrakhmanov VI, Krasnov VL, Logutov VI, Orlov AV, Sakhipov VR. Study of the chemical composition of the drug asd-2f by chromatographic methods. International Journal of Applied and Fundamental Research. 2019;(6):168–173. (In Russ.).
8. Abdrakhmanov VI, Dobrotin SA, Kosyreva ON, Logutov VI. Statistical evaluation of the standard deviation of chromatographic retention time in the capillary column temperature programming mode. Journal of Analytical Chemistry. 2021;76(5):454–466. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.31857/S0044450221050029
9. Abramov VE, Kugeleva TI, Sirotkina VP, Kasperovich VP. ASD-2F substance quality control. Veterinary Medicine. 2010;(2):42–44. (In Russ.).
10. Wu N, Wang X, Mao Z, Liang J, Liu X, Xu X. Bioconversion of chicken meat and bone meal by black soldier fly larvae: Effects of straw addition on the quality and microbial profile of larval frass. Journal of Environmental Management. 2022;307. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2022.114579
11. Liu X, Selonen V, Steffen K, Surakka M, Rantalainen A-L, Romantschuk M, et al. Meat and bone meal as a novel biostimulation agent in hydrocarbon contaminated soils. Chemosphere. 2019;225:574–578. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2019.03.053
12. Macelline SP, McQuade LR, Mclnerney BV, Moss AF, Selle PH, Liu SY. Protein digestive dynamics of meat and bone meals in broiler chickens. Animal Nutrition. 2020;6(4):521–528. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aninu.2020.04.005
13. Krolevets AA, Bogachev IA. Method of obtaining particles of microcapsulated antiseptic dorogov's stimulator (ADS) 2 fraction in xanthan gum, possessing supramolecular properties. Patent RU 2537253C1. 2014.
14. Krolevets AA, Sein OB, Bogachev IA. Method of nanocapsules production of dorogov's antiseptic-excitor (DAE) fraction 2 in chitosan. Patent RU 2566711C2. 2015.
15. Kukonin NN, Grek KP. Method for producing antiseptic stimulator for treating farm animals. Patent RU 2567051C1. 2015.
16. Engashev SV, Kukes VG, Poddubikov AV, Sidorov NG, Parfenova OK, Leonova AYu, et al. Antimicrobial activity of the ASD-2F. Infectious Diseases. 2021;19(3):104–108. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.20953/1729-9225-2021-3-104-108
17. Nozdrin VI, Piavchenko GA, Ivanova ME, Guzev KS, Kuznetsov SL. Evaluation of pharmacokinetical parameters of phenol, a component of antiseptic Dorogov's stimulator 3 fraction paste. Drug Development and Registration. 2019;8(3):57–61. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33380/2305-2066-2019-8-3-57-61
18. Gurov AE, Fialkova EA, Gnezdilova AI. Antiseptics-stimulator in preventive maintenance of complications of chemotherapy at treatment of oncological diseases. Fundamental Research. 2006;(7):31. (In Russ.).
19. Ivanova ME, Guzev KS, Pronina KS, Pʹyavchenko GA, Kuznetsov SL. Validating the method for the quantitative determination of phenol in the paste with Dorogov’s antiseptic stimulator – fraction 3. Retinoids. Almanac. Vol. 35. Moscow: AO “Retinoidy”; 2019. pp. 17–22. (In Russ.).
20. Teshaev ShZh, Khasanova DA. Comparative characteristics of the morphological parameters of small intestinal lymphoid structures in rats before and after exposure to antiseptic Dorogov’s stimulator fraction 2 in the presence of chronic radiation sickness. Russian Journal of Operative Surgery and Clinical Anatomy. 2019;3(2):19–24. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.17116/operhirurg2019302119
21. Serba ЕМ, Rimareva LV, Overchenko МB, Ignatova NI, Tadzhibova PY, Zorin SN. Production of peptides and amino acids from microbial biomass in food and feed industries: biotechnological aspects. Foods and Raw Materials. 2020;8(2):268–276. https://doi.org/10.21603/2308-4057-2020-2-268-276
22. Khasanova DA, Teshaev SJ, Temirova NR. Morphogenesis of payer's patches of rat's small intestine under the influence of antiseptic - stimulator Dorogov faction 2 on the background of chronic radiation sickness. New Day in Medicine. 2020;30(2):721–724. (In Russ.).
23. Okolelova TM, Engashev SV, Dorogova OA, Struk AN. Using Dorogov’s antiseptic stimulator – fraction 2 in poultry breeding for egg production. Our Agriculture. 2019;212(12):91–94. (In Russ.).
24. Pʹyavchenko GA, Kuznetsov SL, Nozdrin VI. Evaluating the local irritating and allergenic effect of a preparation with 5% Dorogov’s antiseptic stimulator – fraction 3. Retinoids. Almanac. Vol. 35. Moscow: AO “Retinoidy”; 2019. pp. 29–31. (In Russ.).
25. Pʹyavchenko GA, Dutta P, Novikova NS, Pugach VA, Korneva EA, Nozdrin VI. Effect of skin application of Dorogov’s antiseptic stimulator on behavioral responses of rats. Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine. 2017;163(5):637–640. (In Russ.).
26. Okolelova TM, Engashev SV, Dorogova OA, Struck AH. Creation and use of the drug ASD-2F. Farm Animal Veterinary Medicine. 2020;(4):26–33. (In Russ.).
27. Abdrakhmanov VI, Sakhipov VR, Krasnov VL, Sulimov AV. itration of Dorogov’s antiseptic stimulator – fraction 2. Problems of Modern Science and Education. 2015;34(4):40–47. (In Russ.).