UDK 31 Демография. Социология. Статистика
UDK 30 Теория, методология и методы общественных наук в целом. Социография
GRNTI 04.00 СОЦИОЛОГИЯ
OKSO 39.00.00 Социология и социальная работа
BBK 8 ФИЛОЛОГИЧЕСКИЕ НАУКИ. ХУДОЖЕСТВЕННАЯ ЛИТЕРАТУРА. ИСКУССТВО. РЕЛИГИЯ. ФИЛОСОФИЯ. ПСИХОЛОГИЯ
BBK 6 ОБЩЕСТВЕННЫЕ НАУКИ
TBK 8 ГУМАНИТАРНЫЕ НАУКИ. РЕЛИГИЯ. ИСКУССТВО
BISAC COM079000 Social Aspects
Despite a large body of research into loneliness, the evidence base for effective ways to deal with loneliness among older adults is limited. Up to half of all older people regularly feel lonely, which negatively affects their physical and mental health. In light of population aging, family dislocation, and the impact of COVID-19, it is vital that we build the evidence base based on older people's experiences, knowing what they want and why, and ensuring that public services and support are meaningful to them. Method: Three focus groups were conducted in Ireland with older people living in communities. Results: Loneliness is associated with loss of familiarity and community connection. Conclusions: Understanding loneliness later in life becomes more important as the population ages. As plans are developed to end COVID-19-related lockdowns, a mechanism is urgently needed to sustain positive change in communities that have a meaningful connection with older people.
loneliness, seniors, connection, community, COVID-19
1. Ganshina E.Yu., Smirnova I.L., Ivanova S.P. Factors of digitalization in ensuring sustainable development of organizations // Bulletin of the Plekhanov Russian University of Economics. 2020. Vol. 17. No. 2 (110). pp. 5-12.
2. Glukhova L.V. Adaptive and managed smart economy and smart universities / L.V. Glukhova, K.V. Kaziev, B.V. Kazieva [et al.] // Bulletin of the V.N. Tatishchev Volga State University. – 2021. – T. 2. – № 3(48). – Pp. 5-12. – DOI 10.51965/2076-7919_2021_2_3_5. – EDN UKAXFY.
3. Glukhova L.V. Management of innovative systems in the conditions of uncertainty and risk / L. V. Glukhova, B. V. Kazieva, K. V. Kaziev [et al.] // Bulletin of the V.N. Tatishchev Volga State University. – 2020. – T. 2. – № 3(46). – Pp. 50-59. – EDN LRUBOZ.
4. Ivanova S.P. Problems of deinstitutionalization of traditional attributes and gender stereotypes / A.I. Myasoedov, S.P. Ivanova // Problems of modern pedagogical education. 2020. № 66-2. 313-316
5. Myasoedov A.I. The influence of feedback on the development of critical thinking skills among students / A.I. Myasoedov // Culture and time of change. – 2020. – № 3(30) – P. 8.
6. Myasoedov A.I. Donor behavior of the "third sector": under the control of compassion / A.I. Myasoedov // Scientific result. Social and humanitarian studies. 2020. Vol. 6. No. 2. pp. 50-62. DOI: 10.18413/2408-932X-2020-6-2-0-5
7. Myasoedov A.I. Corporate volunteering in the social mission of large enterprises / A.I. My-asoedov // Scientific result. Social and humanitarian studies. 2021. Vol. 7 No. 1. pp. 44-55. DOI: 10.18413/2408-932X-2021-7-1-0-4
8. Myasoedov A.I. Psychological and political aspects in the formation of aggression at the pre-sent stage of development of society / A.I. Myasoedov // Scientific journal "Discourse". – 2019. – 2 (28). – Pp. 128-138.
9. Myasoedov A.I. The work of Freud Z. "Psychoanalysis of erroneous actions, dreams and neu-rotic symptoms" as a source of formation of research in the field of social psychology / A.I. Myasoedov // In the collection: Socio-humanitarian innovations: strategies of fundamental and applied scientific research. Materials of the All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference. 2020. pp. 207-211.
10. Myasoedov A.I. Regionalization of religion in Russia / A.I. Myasoedov // Skif. Questions of student science. 2017. No. 16 (16). pp. 140-146.
11. Myasoedov A.I. Strengthening and reproduction of stereotypes: ethical considerations when conducting research / A.I. Myasoedov // Scientific research and development. Social and hu-manitarian research and technology. – 2021. – Vol. 10. – No. 3. – pp. 93-100. – DOI 10.12737/2306-1731-2021-10-3-93-100.
12. Pryazhnikova E.Y. Labor psychology: theory and practice: textbook for bachelors. - M.: Yurayt Publishing House, 2019. - 452 p.
13. Radosteva M.V. The conflict between generations in the modern period of time / A.I. My-asoedov, M.V. Radosteva // Scientific journal "Discourse". – 2018. – 3 (17). – Pp. 120-129
14. Radosteva M.V. Socio-economic needs as one of the basic categories of the economy / M.V. Radosteva // Actual problems of economic research. M., 2012. pp. 88-99
15. Radosteva M.V. The level and quality of life of the population: a non-standard approach to the study of the problem / M.V. Radosteva // Scientific works of the Moscow Humanitarian Uni-versity. - 2012. – No. 137. – pp. 40-45.
16. Savelyeva A.V. Factors of socialization in modern society / A.V. Savelyeva // Scientific journal "Discourse". – 2019. – 7 (33). – Pp. 144-149.Greenfield, E. A., Oberlink, M., Scharlach, A. E., Neal, M. B., & Stafford, P. B. Age-Friendly Community Initiatives: Conceptual issues and key questions. The Gerontologist, 55(2), 191–198. 2015.
17. Greenfield, E. A., Oberlink, M., Scharlach, A. E., Neal, M. B., & Stafford, P. B. Age-Friendly Community Initiatives: Conceptual issues and key questions. The Gerontologist, 55(2), 191–198. 2015.
18. Harvey, J. A., Chastin, S. F., & Skelton, D. A. How sedentary are older people? A systematic review of the amount of sedentary behavior. Journal of Aging and Physical Activity, 23, 471–487. 2015.
19. Hilliard, M. “Cocooning” and mental health: Over 16,000 calls to alone support line. The Irish Times. 2020.
20. Ward, M., Layte, R., & Kenny, R. A. Loneliness, social isolation, and their discordance among older adults. Findings from The Irish Longitudinal Study on Ageing (TILDA). 2019.
21. Ward, M., McGarrigle, C. A., & Kenny, R. A. More than health: Quality of life trajectories among older adults-findings from The Irish Longitudinal Study of Ageing (TILDA). Quality of Life Research, 28(2), 429– 439. 2019.