To reduce the risk of toxic substances ingression into the soil, ground and surface waters, it is proposed to protect the bed and slope ramps of the earth embankment for sludge collectors (sediment tanks) with reliable waterproofing – soil-concrete. It has been recommended to perform the screen soil compacted layers inclined towards the tail bay at an angle to the structure base surface, what is more, the angle value is determined by the permissible values of filtration flow’s parameters. The proposed technical solution allows increase the reliability of sludge collectors, as well as minimize the risk of an emergency situation as a result of the ingression of toxic effluents into the soil and water.
safety, sludge collector, emergency situation, industrial effluents, soil-concrete, screen’s inclined layers
1. Ivanova N.A., Turina I.V. Rezul'taty agrotekhnicheskogo obsledovaniya otrabotannogo shlamonakopitelya BOS ZAO «Kaustik»: materialy Vserossijskoj nauchno-prakticheskoj konferencii [Results of agrotechnical examination of the spent sludge accumulator BOS of JSC "Caustic": materials of the All-Russian scientific and practical conference]. Novocherkassk: 27 Lik Publ., 2008, pp. 94−96. (in Russian).
2. Zaborina O.E., Golovleva JI.A. Biotekhnologiya zashchity okruzhayushchej sredy. Konf. 18,19 oktyabrya 1994g. [Biotechnology of environmental protection. Conf. October 18,19, 1994]. Pushchino, 1993, pp. 27-28. (in Russian).
3. Patent 120423, RF. Gruntovaya plotina [Patent 120423, RF. Soil dam]. (in Russian).
4. Patent 2419705, RF. Sposob ustraneniya defektov v dambah iz odnorodnogo grunta [Patent 2419705, RF. Method of eliminating defects in dams from homogeneous soil]. (in Russian).
5. Volkov I.M. Proektirovanie gidrotekhnicheskih sooruzhenij [Design of hydraulic structures]. Moscow: Kolos Publ., 1977. 384 p. (in Russian).