The article presents the results of experimental studies of the uneven distribution of the distances between the wires of the warp and weft in woven wire meshes with square cells used to clean gases and liquids from mechanical impurities in various branches of technology. On the basis of experimental data using the methods of probability theory, the regularity of the size distribution of the cells of these grids is determined. The length of its minimum side is chosen as the determining size of a square cell. The results of the conducted studies were used to estimate the fractional coefficient of the leakage of spherical particles through the mesh in the sieve mechanism of separation of these particles from the fluid flow. The probability of particle breakthrough through the grid is assumed to be equal to the fraction of the fluid flow passing through the cells, which determines the size of which is larger than the particle diameter. For experimental verification of the calculated values of the leakage coefficient for the sieve filtering mechanism, a preliminary analysis of the influence of the parameters of the hydrodynamic mode of fluid flow through the grid and the level of fluid contamination on the filtering mechanism was carried out. The results of experimental studies of the fractional leakage coefficient values obtained by the sieve filtering mechanism are compared with the calculated data.
filtering, wire mesh, square cell, cell size, size variation, spherical particle, slip factor
1. Syritsyn T.A. Ekspluatatsiya i nadezhnost' gidro - i pnevmoprivodov [Operation and reliability of hydraulic and pneumatic drives]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie Publ., 1990. 248 p. (in Russian).
2. Shumilov I.S. Sistemy upravleniya rulyami samoletov [Aircraft steering systems]. Moscow: MGTU im. N.E. Baumana Publ., 2009. 469 p. (in Russian).
3. Timirkeev R.G., Sapozhnikov V.M. Promyshlennaya chistota i tonkaya fil'tratsiya rabochikh zhidkostey letatel'nykh apparatov [Industrial purity and fine filtration of aircraft working fluids]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie Publ., 1986. 152 p. (in Russian).
4. Devisilov V.A., Spiridonov V.S. Metallicheskie provolochnye setki dlya fil'trovaniya zhidkostey i gazov. Chast' 1. Strukturnye kharakteristiki i ikh raschet [Metal wire mesh for filtering liquids and gases. Part 1. Structural characteristics and their calculation]. Bezopasnost' v tekhnosfere [Safety in the technosphere]. 2009, I. 3, pp. 46–55. (in Russian).
5. Spiridonov V.S., Novikov Yu.M., Bol'shakov V.A. Vliyanie sposoba perepleteniya na gidravlicheskie kharakteristiki provolochnykh tkanykh setok [Influence of the method of weaving on the hydraulic characteristics of wire woven nets]. Bezopasnost' v tekhnosfere [Safety in the technosphere]. 2017, I. 3, pp. 18–23. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12737/article_59d492e369a9f4.42426178 (in Russian).
6. Udler E.I., Rybakov K.V., Shostik L.N. Zakonomernosti fil'trovaniya polidispersnykh suspenziy cherez poristuyu peregorodku [Laws of filtration of polydisperse suspensions through a porous partition]. Moscow: Khimicheskoe i neftyanoe mashinostroenie Publ. 1982, I. 1, pp. 13–14. (in Russian).
7. Belov S.V., Devisilov V.A., Zhdanov V.N. Gidravlicheskoe soprotivlenie tkanykh metallicheskikh setok [Hydraulic resistance of woven metal grids]. Khimicheskoe i neftyanoe mashinostroenie [Chemical and petroleum engineering]. 1989, I. 8, pp. 26–28. (in Russian).
8. Pelevin F.V. Gidravlicheskoe soprotivlenie poristykh metallov [Hydraulic resistance of porous metals]. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Mashinostroenie [Proceedings of higher educational institutions. Engineering]. 2016, I. 2, pp. 42–52. (in Russian).
9. Dmitrieva T.F., Pakshver A.B. Fil'trovanie vyazkikh suspenziy [Filtering viscous suspensions]. Moscow: Khimicheskaya promyshlennost' Publ. 1971, I. 11, pp. 20–24. (in Russian).
10. Galaguz Y.P., Safina G.L. Calculation of Filtration in a Heterogeneous Porous Medium. // MATEC Web of Conferences, 117, 2017, 00052.