The considerable part of the Russian Federation’s territory is characterized by high seismic activity. More than 20% of the territory belongs to earthquake zones where earthquake shocks exceeding 7 on the Richter scale are possible, about 5% of the territory is vulnerable to seismic impact with intensity up to 8–9. Beside that the intensive development of mining industry and also hydroelectric development can lead to technogenic earthquakes. During strong earthquakes sometimes emerge faults (breaks) of land constituting essential danger to engineering constructions, in particular to the main pipelines in active tectonic fault zones, where soil displacements up to several meters are possible. In this work a method of failures risk assessment for main gas pipelines in zones with active tectonic faults has been presented. The method is based on correlation dependence of accident risk on the frequency of earthquake in the considered area and probability for exit of seismic fault to the surface during earthquakes of different intensity. The dependence of accident probability on a gas pipeline from the seismic event intensity has been proved. Accident frequency was defined with due regard to gas pipelines’ accidents intensity for the last 10 years, and frequency of earthquakes near constructions. Earthquakes incidence was accepted according to the maps for general seismic zoning OSR‑97. The need for fault existence accounting has been confirmed by statistical data’ calculation and analysis. The example for risk calculation on a main gas pipeline has been presented. The considered method can be used at the main pipelines design in seismically dangerous areas, and also for assessment the efficiency of actions for decreasing the risks indicators for extended linear objects in zones where these ones cross over active tectonic faults.
main gas pipeline, active tectonic fault, risk assessment, safety, accident risk.
Трубопроводный транспорт углеводородов, являющийся главной составляющей производственной инфраструктуры нефтяной и газовой промышленности, играет важную роль в социально-экономическом развитии Российской Федерации.
1. Magistral’nye gazoprovody. STO Gazprom 2–2.1–249–2008 [Trunk gas pipelines. STO Gazprom 2–2.1–249–2008]. Moscow, ‘Gazprom’ Publ., 2008. 158 p. (in Russian)
2. Radionova S. G., Zhulina S. A., Kuznetsova T.A. Pokazateli opasnosti avariy na rossiyskikh magistral’nykh truboprovodakh [Indicators of danger of accidents on Russian main pipelines]. Bezopasnost’ truda v promyshlennosti [Safety of Labor in Industry]. 2015, I. 11, pp. 62–69. (in Russian)
3. Metodicheskie ukazaniya po provedeniyu analiza riska dlya opasnykh proizvodstvennykh ob’ektov gazotransportnykh predpriyatiy OAO ‘Gazprom’. STO Gazprom 2–2.3–351–2009 [Methodological instructions for conducting a risk analysis for hazardous production facilities of Gazprom’s gas transportation enterprises. STO Gazprom 2–2.3–351–2009]. Moscow, OAO ‘Gazprom’ Publ., 2009. 387 p. (in Russian)
4. Rekomendatsii po uchetu vliyaniya tekhniko-tekhnologicheskikh, prirodno-klimaticheskikh i drugikh faktorov pri prognozirovanii avariynosti na MG OAO ‘Gazprom’ (utverzhdeny OAO ‘Gazprom’ 27.03.2007) [Recommendations for taking into account the impact of technical, technological, natural-climatic and other factors in forecasting accidents at the MG of OAO Gazprom (approved by OAO Gazprom on March 27, 2007)]. (in Russian)
5. Kotlyarevskiy V. A., Larionov V. I., Sushchev S. P. Entsiklopediya bezopasnosti: stroitel’stvo, promyshlennost’, ekologiya [Safety Encyclopedia: construction, industry, ecology]. Seysmostoykost’ i teplozashchita sooruzheniy [Seismic stability and thermal protection of structures]. Moscow, ASV Publ., 2010, pp. 132–184. (in Russian)
6. Strom A. L., Ivashchenko A. I., Kozhurin A. I. Otsenka raschetnykh znacheniy seysmogennykh podvizhek po razryvam, peresekayushchim trassy truboprovodov, i veroyatnosti ikh prevysheniya [Estimation of the calculated values of seismogenic motions over discontinuities crossing the pipeline routes and the probability of their exceeding]. Voprosy inzhenernoy seysmologii [Issues of engineering seismology]. 2008, V. 35, I. 2, pp. 14–19. (in Russian)
7. Strom A. L., Nikonov A. A. Sootnoshenie mezhdu parametrami seysmogennykh razryvov i magnitudoy zemletryaseniy [The relationship between the parameters of seismogenic ruptures and the magnitude of earthquakes]. Fizika Zemli [Physics of the Earth]. 1997, I. 12, pp. 55–67. (in Russian)
8. Karty obshchego seysmicheskogo rayonirovaniya territoriy Rossiyskoy Federatsii — OSR‑97 [Maps of general seismic zoning of the territories of the Russian Federation — OSR‑97]. SP 14.13330.2014 Stroitel’stvo v seysmicheskikh rayonakh. SNiP II‑7–81* Minstroy Rossii [SP 14.13330.2014 Construction in seismic regions. SNiP II‑7–81* Ministry of Construction of Russia]. Moscow, 2014, pp. 106–108. (in Russian)