One of the important tasks for the Russia’s economy and ecology is development and realization of energy and resource saving technologies, allowing the most efficient use of both primary and secondary resources. In oil, gas and chemical industries are widely used processes, in which the potential energy of hydrocarbon or waste gases pressure is either loosing, either recycling with minimum efficiency. The loosing energy should be used for low-temperature purification of waste and prepared gases, thus reducing environmental pollution. One way to solve this problem is to use a vortex technology based on the Rank-Hilsch vortex effect. By efficiency this purification method exceeds manifold standard throttling systems. In this review an analysis related to both theoretical and technological aspects of vortex effect research has been presented. Vortex tubes’ different constructions have been considered along with the incoming flow regulation as the one of the important conditions for these tubes’ operation and realization in the industry. It has been shown that the realization of the regenerative scheme with vortex tubes will improve the core technology’s ecological and economic indicators. A critical review of existing theories related to the Ranque- Hilsch effect has been presented. The development prospects of vortex effect’s shock-wave mechanism allowing explain the excessive cooling capacity of triple-flow vortex tubes used for associated petroleum gas preparation for transportation have been considered.
vortex effect, ecology, gas purification, double-flow vortex tube, triple-flow vortex tube, vortex unit, cooling capacity, enthalpic balance, natural gas, associated petroleum gas, waste gas, air, condensate, temperature, pressure, flow rate.
1. –32 Look in No. 6 for 2015, page 77–78.
2. Zhidkov M.A. Supersonic separation of hydrocarbon gases in vortex tubes Rank–Hilsch. OIL & GAS JOURNAL. 2007, I. 3–4, pp. 101–106. (in Russian)
3. Brodyanskiy V.M., Martynov A.V. Vikhrevaya truba. Avtorskoye svidetel’stvo SSSR. 1967. № 202880. (in Russian)
4. Zhidkov MA The experience of start industrial gas cleaning plant of higher hydrocarbons using a vortex effect. Nitric industry. 1981, I. 6, pp. 16–19. (in Russian)
5. Chernov A.N. Research work on the third-flow vortex tube petroleum gas. Proceedings VNIIOENG “Refining petroleum gas.” Moscow, VNIIOENG Publ., 1981, V. 7, pp. 115–123. (in Russian)
6. Iskhakov R.M. Application of TVT for condensation of heavy hydrocarbons from associated petroleum gas. Gas industry. 1998, I. 7, pp 42–43. (in Russian)
7. Gusev A.P. The system of preparation of associated gas oil extracting to transport with adjustable third-flow vortex tube. Chemical and Petroleum Engineering. 2000, I. 7, pp 16–18. (in Russian)
8. Zhidkov M.A. Interrelation separation and thermodynamic characteristics of the third-flow vortex tubes. Chemical and Petroleum Engineering. 2001, I. 5, pp. 8–11. (in Russian)
9. Tselishchev A.V. Method of calculation and simulation of gas separation process of gas-liquid flow in a countercurrent vortex tube. Cand. Diss. Ufa, 2012. 16 p. (in Russian)
10. Zhidkov M.A. Work third-flow vortex tube as a lowtemperature gas-dynamic separator. Oil and Gas Technologies. 2006, I. 11, pp. 3–7. (in Russian)
11. Zelencov A. On Kapitonovskoye field associated gas will not burn. OIL & GAS JOURNAL RUSSIA. 2007, I. 9, pp. 28–31. (in Russian)
12. Zhidkov M. Third-flow vortex tube successfully operated at the Kapitonovskoye field. OIL & GAS JOURNAL RUSSIA. 2008, I. 1–2, pp 42–46. (in Russian)
13. Gusev A. Prepare to transport petroleum gas using thirdflow vortex tubes. OIL & GAS JOURNAL. 2007, I. 1–2, pp. 90–95. (in Russian)
14. Zhidkov M.A. Features of the TVT at Dobrinsky field (experience in of commissioning). Oil. Gas. Innovations. 2010, I. 9, pp 6–11. (in Russian)
15. Zhidkov M.A., Bunyadov K.G., Ivanov R.N., Gabdulhakov A.X., Spiridonov V.S., Kirikova O.V., Zhidkov D.A. Thermal efficiency with high flow TVT treatment plants of Komsomolsk petroleum gas field (the experience of commissioning). Oil. Gas. Innovations. 2012, I. 5, pp. 46–52. (in Russian)
16. Bokovikova T.N. Development and investigation of vortex apparatus for the preparation of associated gas to transport. Chemical and Petroleum Engineering. 2011, I. 8, pp. 27–29. (in Russian)
17. Savitskiy S.Y. Laws of process flavoring lower alkanes in the Sc-Ga modified zeolite catalyst. Cand. Diss. Krasnodar, 2012. 23 p. (in Russian)
18. Bindas V.G., Yur’yev E.V. Trokhpotochnaya vikhrevaya truba. Patent RF № 2423168. 2010. (in Russian)
19. Erdelyi J. Wirkung des Zentrifugalkraffeldes auf des Warmerustand dtr Gase, Erklarung der Ranque-Enscheinung-Forchund. Ingenierwesens. 1962. Bd. 28. N 6, S. 181–186.
20. Alekseev T.S. On the nature of the Ranque effect. Ing. -fiz. Zh. 1964, V. 7, I. 4, pp. 1121–1130. (in Russian)
21. Webster D.S. An analisis of the Hilsch Vortex Tube. Refr. Engng. 1950. N 2, pp. 16–21. (in Russian)
22. Slavin V.I. The radial pressure field energy transfer - the main cause of thermal separation of the gas flow in the vortex tube. Kuibyshev, Kuai. 1988, pp. 31–34. (in Russian)
23. Kalashnik M.V., Visheratin K.N. Cyclostrophic device in swirling gas flow and vortex effect Ranque. Zh. 2008, m. 133, V. 4, pp. 935–947. (in Russian)
24. Visheratin K.N., Vasiliev V.I., Kalashnik M.V., Sizov N.I. Ranque tube — theoretical and experimental investigation of ways to improve the efficiency. Proceedings of the regional competition of scientific projects in the field of natural sciences. Vol. 14. Kaluga, ANO KSC Publ., 2008, pp 498–506. (in Russian)
25. Vulis L.A. The elementary theory of the Ranque effect. Thermal Engineering. 1962, I. 10, pp 72–77 (in Russian)
26. Dubinskiy M.G. The flow of gas flows in the rotating annuli. Izvestiya AN SSSR, OTN. 1955, I. 11. (in Russian)
27. Fulton C.D. Ranque’s Tube. Refrigerating Engineering. Mau. 1950.
28. Barsukov S.I. Vikhrevoy effekt Ranka. Irkutsk, Izdatel’stvo Irkutskogo universiteta Publ., 1983. 121 p. (in Russian)
29. Kuznetsov V.I. Teoriya i raschet effekta Ranka. Omsk, Izdatel’stvo OmGTU Publ., 1995. 217 p. (in Russian)
30. Scheper G.W. The Vortex Tube-intermal flow data and a heat transfer theory. Refrigerating Engineering. 1951, V. 59, Oct., pp. 985–988.
31. Gulyayev A.I. Issledovaniye vikhrevogo effekta. Zhurn. Tekhn. fiziki. 1965, V. 35, I. 10, pp. 1869–1881. (in Russian)
32. Schults-Grunow F. Die Wirkungwaise des Ranque-wirbelrohres. Kaltetechnik. 1950. Bd. 2, S. 273–284.
33. Khintse I.O. Turbulentnost‘. Moscow, Izd-vo fiz.-mat. lit. Publ. 1963. (in Russian)
34. Gol‘dshtik M.A. K teorii effekta Ranka (zakruchennyy potok gaza v vikhrevoy kamere). Izv. AN SSSR. Seriya MZHG. 1969, I. 4, pp. 153–162. (in Russian)
35. Gutsol A.F. Ranque effect. Successes of physical sciences. 1997, V. 167, I. 6, pp. 665–687. (in Russian)
36. Fronhlingsdorf W., Unger H. Numerical investigation of the compressible flow and the energy separation in the Ranque Hilsch vortex tube. Int J Heat Mass Transfer, № 42, 1999. P. 415–422.
37. Aljuwayhel N.F., Nellis G.F., Klein S.A. Parametric and internal study of the vortex tube using a CFD model. Int J Refrig, № 28, 2005. P. 442–450.
38. Mohammad Ameri, Behrooz Behnia. The study of key design parameters effects on the vortex tube performance. Jornal of Thermal Scienct, Vol. 18, N 4, 2009. P. 370–376.
39. Solov’yev A.A. Chislennoye i fizicheskoye modelirovaniye protsessov energo- i fazorazdeleniya v vikhrevykh trubakh. Cand. Diss., Ufa, 2008, 152 p. (in Russian)
40. Fuseeva A.A. Numerical modeling of temperature stratification in vortex tubes. Mathematical modeling. 2009, V. 18, I. 9, pp. 113–120. (in Russian)
41. Safonov V.A. The distribution of molecules in the curvilinear motion of gas. Vortex effect and its industrial application: Materials of III All-Union. scientific and engineering. Conf. Kuibyshev, 1981, pp. 33–36. (in Russian)
42. Safonov V.A. The formation of dissipative structures in vortex effect. Mathematical methods of the theory of heat transfer, Minsk, IFMO Byelorussian Academy of Sciences, 1984, pp. 128–136. (in Russian)
43. Nekrofar K.H. Modelling a process of the temperature gas separation (effect Ranque) based on the an extended version of thermodynamics. Cand. Diss., Moscow, 2005, 108 p. (in Russian)
44. Dyskin L.M. Obosnovaniye, razrabotka i povysheniye sistem osushki i konditsionirovaniya vozdukha s ispol’zovaniyem vikhrevykh trub. Cand. Diss., Leningrad, 1990, 442 p. (in Russian)
45. Burdyga Y.Y. The thermomechanical method in the investigation of processes in vortex tube. Cand. Diss., Moscow, 2001, 169 p. (in Russian)
46. Beliavsky Y. Experimental investigation of a temperature separation effect inside a short vortex chamber. Proceedings of the 9-th International Conference on Heat Transfer. Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics. Malta. July 2012, pp. 1482–1487.
47. Belyavskiy Y.D. Influence of sound on heat transfer in gases. Electronic Journal “Technical Acoustics”. 2014, I. 6, pp. 1–14. (in Russian)
48. Kotelnikov V.I. High-Efficiency Vortex Pipes. TIEES-96, Trabzon, Turkey, ISBN 975–95505–8-X.
49. Kotelnikov V.I. The Vortex Effect in Transfer of Energy. Sustainable Energy and Environmental Technology, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd, ISBN 981–02–2829–5, Singapore, 1996.
50. Zhidkov D.A., Ivanov M.V., Devisilov V.A., Zhidkov M.A. Shock-wave (pulsation) manifestations of the process stratification of the gas environment in the vortex tubes Ranque–Hilsch. Chemical Technology, 2015, I. 8, pp. 501–510. (in Russian)